Healthy discourse is a vital component of RM?s mission. We invite readers to share their reactions, ideas, reflections, stories, links, etc. with the RM community. As a general principle, we want that discussion to flow freely and organically. To do so, we ask that you observe the following guidelines and the spirit of critical, intelligent discussions they are meant to foster:
- First ? and most importantly — be yourself. Express your ideas boldly and clearly. This is a safe, respectful space for constructive conversations about the state that we all love. No other litmus test determines participation.
- Keep it civil. No profanity, no name-calling, no obscenity, no spam, no ?uh-huh/nuh-uh? arguments. Especially no ?you?re not a real Mississippian? accusations.
- Be sincere. That means no trolling. Unpopular opinions will be welcomed, but provocations will not.
- Please use your best spelling and grammar. Typos happen, but don?t confirm the rest of the country?s stereotypes about Mississippi.
- Comments will also be flagged if they stray too far outside RM?s scope. Our mission is to provide analysis and commentary about the issues that have the greatest long-term impact on the lives of Mississippians. These include, but are not necessarily limited to, education, health, justice, society, and economic advancement. You will have a pretty long leash, but discussions should not get sidetracked on hot-button issues with little relevance to Mississippi. In other words, national or international issues should only be debated within the context of their impact on the state.
- All posters must log in through a social media account. While we understand the privacy concerns of certain readers, we believe that discussions of these important issues should take place publicly and transparently. Therefore we will insist that a face be associated with every comment.? We hope this will help keep the discussion respectful, but more importantly it helps us connect a community of like-minded Mississippians.
We are always looking to feature new voices, so some commentors may be asked to expand their thoughts into full-length articles. All are welcome to submit ideas for publication firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to our submission guidelines to more details.